There are two free Spanish-English dictionaries: our own dictionary and one from Collins. Each has its own strengths. Combined, they are unbeatable.
WordReference has two of its own dictionaries plus those of Collins. The French dictionary has over 250,000 translations and the Italian dictionary has nearly 200,000. These dictionaries continue to grow and improve as well. If you don’t find what you are looking for in any of the dictionaries, search or ask in the forums.
References in Word are stored on your computer’s hard disk. If you want to work with them on another computer, follow these steps to find the file:
- Type% APPDATA% into the Start menu search box
- C lick on to the folder Roaming > Microsoft > Bibliography
- The references are saved in the XML file Sources
- Put your cursor where you want the reference to be. On the References Ribbon, in the CaptionsGroup, click the Cross-reference () icon.
- Select the type of item you are referencing from the Reference type pulldown.
- For figures, select Only Label and Number from the Insert reference to: pulldown, unless you want the entire caption to appear in the text.
- Select the item you want to reference from the For which caption: section.
- Click Insert and close the Cross-reference dialog box.
When you refer to a particular figure in your document, rather than typing in “Figure 2”, you can use a cross-reference, so if the figure number changes, the in-text reference will also change. This will also work to reference page numbers of headings and so on.
1526, in the meaning defined at sense 1
To save this word, you’ll need to log in.
1488 is a combination of two popular white supremacist numeric symbols. The first symbol is 14, which is shorthand for the “14 Words” slogan: “We must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children.” The second is 88, which stands for “Heil Hitler” (H being the 8th letter of the alphabet). Together, the numbers form a general endorsement of white supremacy and its beliefs. As such, they are ubiquitous within the white supremacist movement – as graffiti, in graphics and tattoos, even in screen names and e-mail addresses, such as [email protected] Some white supremacists will even price racist merchandise, such as t-shirts or compact discs, for $14.88.
The symbol is most commonly written as 1488 or 14/88, but variations such as 14-88 or 8814 are also common.