what is an appendices
Appendices contain material that is too detailed to include in the main report, such as long mathematical derivations or calculations, detailed technical drawings, or tables of raw data. The content should be summarised and referred to at the appropriate point in the the body of the report. The conventions for appendices are as follows:
From the body of the report:
Please let us know if there is anything we can do to improve the information on this page or this site. Email us at nglthesis @shsu.edu .
Survey questionnaires that you have created.
If the open end of the appendix gets plugged for some reason — either because of swelling or because something from the large intestine gets stuck in the opening — then the appendix starts to swell because of the secretions from the lining. The swelling shuts off the blood supply and the appendix tissue dies. An operation to remove the swollen appendix (an appendectomy) is the only way to fix this problem. If it isn’t removed, the appendix eventually bursts, which can be fatal if untreated.
Your appendix is a small, closed tube that is about the size of your finger. It attaches to the beginning of your large intestine, where the small and large intestines meet. It is open at the end that connects to the large intestine and closed at the other end, so material can move into and out of the appendix but it has nowhere to go. The appendix can contract like the small intestine, and it also has a secreting lining like the small intestine.
The appendix sits at the junction of the small intestine and large intestine. ItвЂ™s a thin tube about four inches long. Normally, the appendix sits in the lower right abdomen.
В© 2014 WebMD, LLC. All rights reserved.
- The appendices follow the reference list.
- They are lettered “Appendix A,” “Appendix B,” “Appendix C,” and so forth. If you have only one appendix, however, simply label it Appendix.
- Put figures and tables in separate appendices. The appendix title serves as the title for a table if it is the only table in the appendix.
- If you decide that certain figures and tables should appear in the same appendix, number them A1, A2, A3, and so forth, according to the appendix in which they appear.
- The materials in the appendix must not extend beyond the margins of the rest of the paper: Reduce the appendix materials as needed.
APA 7 addresses appendices and supplemental materials in Section 2.14 and on page 41: