- in classical Greek poetry, the long syllable of a foot
- in later poetry, the short or unaccented syllable or syllables of a foot
- a proposition maintained or defended in argument, formerly one publicly disputed by a candidate for a degree in a medieval university
- a formal and lengthy research paper, esp. a work of original research written in partial fulfillment of the requirements for a master’s degree
- an unproved statement assumed as a premise
- in Hegelian philosophy, the initial, least adequate phase of development in dialectic
Origin of thesis
Thesis मीनिंग : Meaning of Thesis in Hindi – Definition and Translation
Thesis meaning in Hindi : Get meaning and translation of Thesis in Hindi language with grammar,antonyms,synonyms and sentence usages. Know answer of question : what is meaning of Thesis in Hindi dictionary? Thesis ka matalab hindi me kya hai (Thesis का हिंदी में मतलब ). Thesis meaning in Hindi (हिन्दी मे मीनिंग ) is शोध प्रबन्ध.English definition of Thesis : an unproved statement put forward as a premise in an argument
n. A position or proposition which a person advances and offers to maintain, or which is actually maintained by argument.
n. The accented part of the measure, expressed by the downward beat; — the opposite of arsis.
Your thesis proposal will likely include terms that are not widely known outside of your discipline. These terms include particular theoretical constructs, formulas, operational definitions that differ from colloquial definitions, schools of thought and discipline-specific acronyms. This part of your proposal offers the reader a list of definitions of these terms.
- How you define such terms could considerably affect how the reader understands your thesis
- Be sure you use these terms in a consistent fashion throughout your proposal and thesis