how to write appendix
Tables, figures, or instruments that do not belong in the main text.
Items that might be included:
4.2 Environmental impact
- each appendix must be labelled with a number (or letter) and title
- the appendix numbers and titles must be listed on the Contents page under the heading Appendices (if more than one) or Appendix (if only one)
- each appendix must be referred to by number (or letter) at the relevant point in the text.
- The appendices follow the reference list.
- They are lettered “Appendix A,” “Appendix B,” “Appendix C,” and so forth. If you have only one appendix, however, simply label it Appendix.
- Put figures and tables in separate appendices. The appendix title serves as the title for a table if it is the only table in the appendix.
- If you decide that certain figures and tables should appear in the same appendix, number them A1, A2, A3, and so forth, according to the appendix in which they appear.
- The materials in the appendix must not extend beyond the margins of the rest of the paper: Reduce the appendix materials as needed.
APA 7 addresses appendices and supplemental materials in Section 2.14 and on page 41: